WP 101: The Dashboard
WordPress is the leading CMS (Content Management System) online for building your own website. Over 27% of all websites run on WordPress! Part of the reason why is the tools it provides. They’re second to none for publishing content and getting your message out to the world.
But just how easy is WordPress to use?
Let’s take a look…
When logging in, you’ll be greeted by the WordPress Dashboard. The dashboard contains a number of widgets with different bits of information concerning your site. The number of widgets may grow with the plugins that you add. Don’t worry, these are easy to edit and rearrange as necessary.
How to remove widgets from the WordPress Dashboard:
- Click “Screen Options” in the top right of your dashboard.
- Use the checkboxes to disable or enable different tools.
How to rearrange widgets on the WordPress Dashboard:
- First, simply over over the title area of the widget that you want to move first.
- Now, drag and drop the widget to your preferred position in the appropriate column. That’s all there is to it!
How to minimize widgets on the WordPress Dashboard:
- To minimize a widget, hover over the title area and click.
- To expand a widget, simply click again.
More Help with the WordPress Dashboard
To get more information on any of the available widgets in your WordPress Dashboard, plus more information on your WordPress administration area in general, click “Help” in the top-right of your WordPress Dashboard.